Monday, May 07, 2007

Bad Poetry: Sunday Haiku

For those of you on my blog feeds and whatnot I'm actually back posting this to this date because I was in two minds as to whether I should be spewing forth bad poetry into the ether in any kind of mass manner so I ended up never posting this. (Plus it is rather awful and critical and I'm trying not to be that, but I really felt this in the moment.)

But, more recently, the bad poetry and lyrics keep coming at the oddest moments (it's a result of personal turmoil and life transitions, and my inability, at the moment, to write well, bar the odd brief spurt, or compose decent music, both of which usually keep me sane and have previously been my creative outlets) and it all makes me laugh, anyway. So join in. If I can't write about Cape Town I may as well write about angst. And if I feel bad about it later I can just delete it.

Sunday Haiku From A Moment In The Suburbs
Overweight white guy
Sitting topless in the sun
Please put a shirt on

(thanks)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jurich nhaland said...

are there bad poetry? bad poems? or bad poets? i'm french poet, stay in south africa in cape town, on my way publishing and i think bad poetry is not words to express the actuel dark and dumb side of poetry, coz the poetry never has been bad, but it the poet who is bad. i said so coz the words come to the poet and he says that it inspiration, use it forgoting that all inspiration are not always poems. i think poets should no firts wich world they are in before to fly in some galaxies. their is no bad poetry, but bad poets.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Hi there

I heard what you are saying, and do agree, to a point.

However, I use the term "bad poetry" more in a facetious manner, because I do not think of myself as I poet, and the "bad poetry" that I publish on the site is usually humorous (or occasionally angst-ridden), somewhat nonsensical stuff that I've written quite quickly, usually disregarding rules of poetry, to a point.

Some might consider it quite good poetry because of that (especially being humorous, as most poetry is serious and intricate, with layers of meaning and many ways for one to interpret it), whereas others will definitely consider my poetry bad, because I intentionally don't put the usual kind of consideration into my work that is normally expected of a poet.

To each his own - I think my work is funny, but not profound, and I enjoy writing it, so I share it on my blog for the enjoyment of like-minded individuals.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger jurich nhaland said...

hi. just about to say thank getin back to my coments. i understand your point. i'm done with a movie story and i'm about to start a script of the movie i wrote, concernibg your point i would like a hand fro some one like you, with that sight of poetry that makes people laught. i mean if it possible for you to participate in my project i would like so. let me knows if you are interested, let to my comments you details and i will come back to you.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger jurich nhaland said...

hI, mandy, first i'm impressed reading your CV and i really tought you were a man, any way thanks leting me know about my spells, i want you to know that i'm french not english. my work is not on internet that why theire is no proffesionalim on wath i wrote or write on internet. i need your help to finish a movie script. and i really wanna work with some one who understand english more than i do, just if you are intersted in the media industrie. more about me will tell you if we meet. let say i take you for a lunch anytime you are free. take care

Monday, June 02, 2008 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)