Tuesday, November 02, 2010

#NaNoPoMo 02: A Senryū In Honour Of Day-Two Frustration

NaNoPoMo: A Senryū In Honour Of Day-Two Frustration

I nearly used up all my "is" magnets. That would have been a disaster. This one was particularly difficult to write because most of the words I wanted don't exist in this magnet pack and I can't write angst using ocean-related words (of which there seems to be an abundance). I can only write ocean-related horror using ocean-related words.

And maybe pretty stuff but that's boring*.

*We'll see if I'm still saying that on day 20....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

An abundance of ocean-related words, lol... This must be the nautical edition!

Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Well, um, in retrospect, technically there's only "sea" and "tide" ... but many of the others immediately make me think of the ocean: mist, water, breeze, blowing, pool, rock, bird, air, scent, ripple, wind, wake, wet, ....

Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

I imagine that the brain of someone who grew up in a desert or on a snow-covered mountain might make other sorts of associations.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

I forgot there's also ocean, wave, and float from my Halloween poem.

So yeah, Nautical Edition!

Saturday, November 06, 2010 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)