Friday, November 19, 2010

#NaNoPoMo 19: Perception Deception

NaNoPoMo 19: Perception Deception



This one has been sitting on the side of my fridge for about two weeks. I had the first two statements in place and I desperately wanted a word that would allow me to end it using a rhyme with "her" (I had a few options for the third statement that I could adapt as necessary). I left it and kept coming back to it hoping that there would be a word in the collection and I was just missing it (which has happened a few times before). Today I eventually decided to concede defeat and go in a different direction, otherwise it would be likely that this would remain on my fridge, unfinished, forever.

That would be sad.

Then I got stuck again trying to figure out what to title it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Hitchcock said...

I'm sure this is actually a sort of "semantic rhyme". "her"/"him" does have the goes-in-a-circle sort of resonance that "hurr"/"durr" has.

I wish I could think of some other examples right now, but I definitely do recall noting that two words with "rhyming" meanings have the same matching effect that two words with assonance have.

Monday, November 22, 2010 6:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Ok, you are hired as my poetry consultant.

Monday, November 22, 2010 2:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)