Thursday, July 28, 2005

Corporate Stress Relief

There is currently a giant roll of "air cellular cushioning material" standing in our boardroom (surreal enough in itself). I think it is one the most beautiful things I have ever seen. If I could get away with it I would carpet our entire office with the Bubble Wrap and roll around in it for about 10 minutes (because you have to do something like that at least once in your life, right?). Unfortunately there are security cameras nearby, so I don't think I would be able to get away with it.

A few months ago we were all grudgingly hauled off to a corporate team-building and work-conference overnight event. We slept in upmarket tents (which were actually quite fun) and had to make our own dinner in competitive groups. The team-building moments were all water based in some way and included bizarre stuff such as building a raft in a small dam with an island in the middle. Many of us decided not to participate (who wants to get wet? In April? It's cold!) and acted as the motivational cheering people instead. Although, in retrospect, the conference wasn't too bad, I think most of us would have been happier if we'd just each been given a large roll of Bubble Wrap and had been left at the office to play with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)