Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stretching Is Required For The Office

I'm busy working, while listening to music through my earphones. It's pretty quiet because everyone's gone out or is on meetings, or is doing whatever it is people do in offices.
M: "I have to tell you something. I just had a moment."
I pause my iTunes. "Ok, I like moments."
M: "I just touched my toes. It's, like, the first time in years that I've done it, and it means that all the effort [pilates and so on] has been worth it."
[Pause]
Me: "I like that you're weird. It makes me feel more comfortable." (I say this partly because this morning she brought a giant, green, inflated gym-workout ball, which she had filled with air at a local petrol station last night, into the office (past the informal parking attendants, past security, in the lift, down the hallways...) to work on her posture, and every once in a while I see her bouncing up and down out of the corner of my eye.)

[Later]
Me: "Can I put this in my blog?"
M: "What? You put in your blog that I touched my toes?"
Me: "No, the conversation about that you touched your toes. I want to put it in my blog. Can I?"
M: "Yes."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)