Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Brief Interlude After Lunch

I return to my office after having scavenged leftover food from the magazine test kitchen to find one of my colleagues in a bit of a tizz. She's been looking for an important deposit slip that she had had on her desk that had then flown off (literally) into oblivion, as things do. (I swear, I have a theory about black and/or worm holes and items that vanish into thin air, but that's for another post). We search the room again, but it's nowhere to be found, although I do find a 5c piece (which, unfortunately, wasn't mine, so I gave it to my colleague).

About an hour later she gets up from her desk, once again obsessing about the Slip Of Oblivion. Again we start looking under furniture and behind objects, but nothing. I climb under her desk and notice a small round object under the wires next to her computer.
Me: "...Did you eat grapes today?"
Colleague: "No..."
Me: "Did you eat something that was round and black?"
Colleague: "Yes! Is that my olive?" [She climbs under the desk with me.] "Where is it? I was looking all over for it..."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Well, if she can't keep control of her olives, it's no wonder the Deposit Slip Gnomes are able to have such sport with the stuff on her desk

Monday, May 22, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Hee.

Actually the depost slip returned from the void a few days later, under the weirdest circumstances. She opened a dictionary on a random page to find it neatly folded inside.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)