Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's Actually Quite A Good Idea Since The Trip Is Nearly Three Hours Long

I've just boarded the Eurostar, travelling from London to Paris, behind an American family of two parents and two young, sweet children.

I'm sitting in my seat, getting ready for the departure, when I hear the following conversation float my way from elsewhere in the coach.

Little American girl (enthused): "Can we watch the movie?"
Father (kindly): "There is no movie."
(pause)
Little American girl (enthused): "Can we watch the movie?"
Father (kindly): "There is no movie."

Nothing more was said, but I don't think she quite believed him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)