Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pessimistic Poetry From A Cynic

On a whim (since I am prone to those) I contributed a "haiku"* to zefrank's election-haiku project:

One or the other.
Is there any difference
When you've lost your rights?

It pretty much sums up my feelings with regards to the US elections, the British elections and, soon, the South African ones. In fact, probably all elections to be held from now on since, these days, countries really are irrelevant - they're just artificial boundaries that either unite or divide, depending on the geographic location.

We no longer have our rights. We've lost privacy. We're losing free speech. We are in Orwell's 1984 already. To me, it no longer seems relevant as to who is in charge.


*Technically it's not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)