Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2009 South African Blog Awards Finalists Announced: Your Assistance Is Required Imperatively!

I was buried in deadlines last week, dead to the world, so I'm not sure when it was announced but I found out over the weekend that I have been nominated for the 2009 South African Blog Awards. Twice. In the same category. So I'm fighting myself (as usual) and the rest of the world (as usual).

Should be fun.

I am most grateful to everyone who voted for me in the first round to get me officially nominated for the final round (so I guess I can call myself a "finalist", then). You guys rock and I really appreciate it. This is the first time I've been nominated for a blog award and I am unnaturally excited about it. I know - that is so wrong. Apocalypse nigh.

Of course, now, I need your help one more time. My nominations have been in the category Best Post on a South African Blog. If you visit the site you will see two items with the word "brainwavez" in the URL under that category - those are my articles. One is an article I posted on my group web site brainwavez.org (The Anti-Connoisseur's Guide To A Walk In The African Bush) and the other is a post on my blog (A Cultural Expedition To A Nearby Mall To Snap Photos Of Models In Swimwear).

Personally I favour the KwaZulu-Natal story but your choice is your choice. However, a concerted effort on one entry, rather than having the vote split between two, may* give me a better chance of winning (this is called applied mathematics because I have applied mathematics to something that isn't, on the surface, mathematical - it's a technique science and technology journalists such as myself employ to make our work "edgier").

Voting won't take too long, and I appreciate your support.

Let's win this! I might get to make a speech! (In public! With permission!)

*I say "may" because the voting process is über complicated.
(I had to say "über" once in my blog. This is that time. Bask!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You realise that the whole speech thing may have tipped the scales against you?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Actually, a few of my friends have heard me give a public speech and they thought it was the Best. Thing. Ever.

(I have many skills - to quote Xena, as one should.)

Also, I'm very sad that we've been nominated in the same category because I'd rather fight the world with you than fight against the world and you.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)