Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Summer Bee



This little guy was wandering around aimlessly near our pool a few weeks ago on one of those last hot summer days, which now seem so distant. I did what any photographer would do, of course, and crept in closely to immortalise my new friend, who was doing a little lone bee dance, I suspect, although I couldn't figure out the rhythm or the pattern.



There isn't much large wildlife (or action) in the suburbs of Cape Town so over the years I have built up a collection of insect shots - everything from dragonflies to praying mantises - but this is my first bee.



If you click through to any of the Flickr images you can see a slightly higher res photo with better detail.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)