Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back From Paris - Armed With Tales

I have returned from Paris with a notebook stuffed with notes and experiences. I hope to get the travelogues up as soon as I can (but, as regular readers may have noticed, I'm still behind on the pre-Paris postings, so it may be a while). After that it's converting and extending various things for a large number of articles for brainwavez.org. I have no idea of how I'm going to get it all done...

Highlights of this portion of the trip included (in no particular order, since it's almost 1am and I can hardly think): Petit Palais, the Eiffel Tower at night, Champs-Èlysée and the Arc de Triomphe, Le Pure Cafe, the Gallery of Paleontology (Galeries de Paléontologie et d'Anatomie comparée), the Star Wars expo at the Cité des Sciences, (unintentionally) ending up watching a World Cup soccer match with an excitable group of Parisians in a paella restaurant, and Cimetiére du Père Lachaise.

That's just what I remember offhand.

And oh, yeah, the French like to pick their noses and fight with each other on (or near) the Metro. The most fascinating was - late one evening - seeing a pissed off crazy woman kicking the guitar case of a legal (I think) Metro busker (who was quite good) and then shouting at him most venomously while he tried to defend himself. Unfortunately, since I don't speak French, I have no idea of why she was so angry. I think she just didn't like his music. I had to pass her - as she, enraged, stumbled down the passageway - to get to where I was going, so that required some deft manoeuvering.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Hey, welcome back. You snuck in under the radar there. So, did you miss us?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy J Watson said...

Oh LOL. Actually "back" from Paris meant back to London from Paris, but I am now back in Cape Town - landed yesterday.

I did miss everyone. I kept an eye on your blog while I was in London, though. :)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)