Monday, May 19, 2008
(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)
- Name: Mandy J Watson
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Herein lies a chronicle of the (mis)adventures of a Capetonian.
2010 SA Blog Awards
- Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I won!
More information, and my thanks, here.
Badge Of Honour
My 2008 article "A Cultural Expedition To A Nearby Mall To Snap Photos Of Models In Swimwear" was a runner up in the category "Best Post On A South African Blog" at the 2009 South African Blog Awards.
Stay Up To Date
Find Me Elsewhere
(for discerning adults)
(for the visually inclined)
(for those with short attention spans)
(for the visually inclined with short attention spans)
(for those who can read... and enjoy doing so)
Pick A Major Section
(somewhat redundant...and potentially tautological)
(things that only I could find myself doing around Cape Town)
(often I take photos, and then feel the need to explain why)
Pick A Minor Section
Arts And Entertainment
(occasionally I realise I'm writing about this stuff)
At The Office
(once upon a time I had an office to go to... now I have many... or none - it depends)
(the angst needs an outlet)
The Death OF The English Language
(one moment at a time)
The End Of The World (As We Know It)
(it's all going to hell)
Miscellanea And Randomnity
(what else would you call it?)
Notes From The City
(once in a while the city speaks to me...but not in a weird way! All the time...)
(I can't escape bad customer service so, occasionally, I rant about it)
(for times in which I feel the need to prove that I am not a lady of leisure)
Stuff For - And About - PR People
(they never listen and they do weird things)
(sometimes I am not in Cape Town...but I still have (mis)adventures)
(I specialise in technology journalism but you probably can't tell from the contents of this blog)
- On The Road Again
- Chicago - The Musical, Artscape, Cape Town, Until ...
- Rigoletto, Joseph Stone Auditorium, Athlone, Cape ...
- A President, A Model, And A Group Of Snipers Conve...
- A Little Note About Travelogues
- Travelogue > Namiba: Keetmanshoop-Lüderitz-Diaz Po...
- Travelogue > Namibia: Cape Town-Springbok-Keetmans...
- Rent, Artscape, Cape Town, Until Sunday
- A Cultural Expedition To Noordhoek To Observe Comp...
- A Senryu For Your Peeler
Mandy J Watson's Twitter Updates
Recently On brainwavez.org
Cape Town >
- Accidental Mother
- Cape Town Daily Photo
- A Congregation of Vapours
- I are wearing the jean pant
- La Dolce Vita
- Mother City Living
- the other side of the mountain
- The Popular Front
- Ramblings of a Single Mom
- ...seeking serenity
- The Crayola Diaries
- Durbz Blog
- .:: eKapa, a blog from south africa ::.
- eye candy
- The Katt Box
- The ZA Show Podcast
- Mara Triangle (Kenya)
- This Is Zimbabwe
- Audi's Blog
- The Baby Steps Archive (Tanisha Taitt)
- Big Spoon Bakery
- Cabin Boy's Log Book
- cheap tarts and cigarettes
- I Eat Therefore I am
- The Granny Wrangler
- Ironic Sans
- Mighty Girl
- New York Hack
- duke's mono-blog
- Sweat Records Miami
- The World Of Jill Twiss
- Wooster Collective
South Africa >
Shop At Kalahari.net
- Book: Moxyland by Lauren Beukes (import)
- CD: Long Walk To Freedom: Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- Book: Johnny Golightly Comes Home: A Portrait Of Eccentricity by Pat Hopkins
- Book: Pompidou Posse by Sarah lotz
- DVD: No Doubt: Videos 1992 - 2003
- Graphic Novel: V For Vendetta by Allan Moore
Earn me some points, help me get free stuff...you know...
The Flickr Widget
The Twitpic Widget
Is it loading? It never does!