Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Muffin Quotes Are Hard To Find

My editor appears holding a job bag and a printout, looking slightly confused. It's an article on muffins that I had translated a few weeks before, and it had now come back from the art department. She starts asking about the quotes in the article (there weren't any quotes when I had last seen it, so now I'm confused), and shows us one of the pages, which has a quote that reads as follows:

“I did something stupid.”
“What’d you do?”
“Well, I was shaving, and I noticed an assymmetry in my chest hair. And I was trying to even it out. And the next thing I know... Gone!” - Jerry and Kramer, in “The Muffin Tops” [Seinfeld]

Ed: "Mandy, did you do this?"
Me: "...no..."
Afrikaans copy editor: "It was [the designer]. He was filling up space. They need a quote."
Ed: "Oh, thank goodness."
Me: "Thanks for thinking so highly of me."
Ed: "Well, I looked at it, and I thought, 'This couldn't possibly be Mandy', but then I thought maybe you'd searched for a muffin quote on Google, and just took the first one you saw."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home

(Since Blogger broke my template you'll have to access
older/newer posts via the archive links in the sidebar.)